Full-stack Software Engineer
's-Hertogenbosch, Noord-Brabant, NetherlandsTechnology
As a full-stack software engineer at Floryn, you’re joining us in building a fintech company which provides fast and easy access to credit for small and medium sized businesses. We’re somewhat like a bank, but without the bureaucracy and the white collars. You’ll be working at a landscape of applications that are responsible for wiring million of euros, daily, directly into our customer’s bank accounts.
What you'll be doing
- Create new features and products to make sure we can deliver the best service as possible to our customers, in our mobile, web and backend applications.
- Work together in small teams directly with other developers and business stakeholders. We have no product owners, you are responsible yourself to design what we’re building.
- Improve our codebase and architecture; keep our systems tidy, healthy, secure and up to date.
- Make better use of the data we collect and measure the impact of your changes.
- Work with your team to improve how we’re working together and make sure we can all do our best work.
We have a technology neutral mindset to engineering and believe in well-tested, robust code. We love open source but are not religious about any specific language or framework. We work with modern open source technology such as Ruby on Rails, React and React Mobile, PostgreSQL, Docker and AWS. We’re big on continuous integration and deployment, automated testing and kanban, pull-based processes. We push changes to production every single day.
Floryn is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Netherlands. We aim to be the most responsible, scalable and customer-friendly online lender in Europe. We’ve lent out over € 800 million since inception (2016) and have processed over € 7 billion in transaction volume. We're located in a monumental building in the city centre of 's-Hertogenbosch that also houses the Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS). We are with around 60 people, split over Development, Data, Risk, Marketing and Sales.
The technology that we build plays an essential role in everything we do, so we work with a fully in-house development team. Building great stuff is what drives us and quality always comes first. Our technology has a major impact on businesses and people. Our organisation is flat and communication lines are short, so we can move quickly. We don’t have code monkeys. Instead, we give you a problem and trust you will come up with an outstanding solution. We believe in sane working hours and long-term solutions, instead of 70-hour work weeks with temporary workarounds. We do things our own way, we ship code every day and we take pride in our work.
- Several years experience as a Software Engineer and can be up and running quickly.
- Full stack experience, so you’re comfortable around all areas of the web stack.
- You have high standards concerning software quality.
- We have an international team, so fluency in English is required.
Perks & benefits
- Good salary, pension contribution and 25 days paid time off.
- MacBook Pro and all high-end gear that you need.
- Work from home or from the office, whatever suits you.
- Travel comfortably by first-class rail or €0,21/km and parking.
- Daily ‘bourgondische’ lunch at the office.
- Generous budget to develop yourself with books, courses and conferences.
- Many team activities, from drinks to sporting events.