Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, 's-HertogenboschTechnology
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will help us build a technology startup that is somewhat like a bank, without being one. You're working on a machine that is sending millions of euros around daily and is helping entrepreneurs to grow their business by providing business loans. You'll be keeping out systems secure and operational. We're built on the cloud and are using containers heavily, so no managing of physical servers.
What you'll be doing
- Design, create maintain and deploy improvements to our cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Improve our infrastructure to increase security, scalability and robustness.
- Support the development team in shipping features to our customers better and faster
- Maintain our infrastructure as code repositories, implement best practices and discover new techniques to better support us in this.
- Work alongside a team of ~15 engineers of which ~2 are part of our infrastructure team
- Develop yourself and your team.
We have a technology neutral mindset to engineering and believe in well-tested, robust code. We love open source but are not religious about any specific language or framework. We work with modern open source technology such as Ruby, Rails, ES6, React, Redux, PostgreSQL, Docker, Terraform and AWS. Our Data team uses Python, Spark, Pandas, Looker and more. We are using Machine Learning models in production and are managing of all the infrastructure around these models that is needed for them to perform well. We’re big on continuous integration and deployment, automated testing and kanban, pull-based processes.
Floryn is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Netherlands. We aim to be the most responsible, scalable and customer-friendly online lender in Europe. We’ve lent out over € 200 million since inception (2016) and have processed over € 2 billion in transaction volume. We're located in a monumental building in the city centre of 's-Hertogenbosch that also houses the Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS). We are with around 50 people, split over Development, Data, Risk, Marketing and Sales.
The technology that we build plays an essential role in everything we do, so we work with a fully in-house development team. Building great stuff is what drives us and quality always comes first. Our technology has a major impact on businesses and people. Our organisation is flat and communication lines are short, so we can move quickly. We don’t have code monkeys. Instead, we give you a problem and trust you will come up with an outstanding solution. We believe in sane working hours and long-term solutions, instead of 70-hour work weeks with temporary workarounds. We do things our own way, we ship code every day and we take pride in our work.
You’ll be taking your colleagues to the next level and will not wait for approvals to do what is right. A good eye for quality is what makes you stand out.
- Several years experience as an engineer and can be up and running quickly.
- Strong hands-on experience building and deploying services with AWS.
- Experience with shell scripting, containers and infrastructure as code.
- You have high standards concerning software quality.
- You hold a relevant degree or are self-taught in Computer Science.
- Fluency in English
Perks & benefits
- Good salary, pension contribution and 25 days paid time off
- Daily 'bourgondische' lunch at the office
- Generous budget to develop yourself, for books, courses and conferences
- MacBook Pro and all high-end gear that you need
- Many team activities, from drinks to sporting events
- Travel comfortably with 1st class train or €0,19/km and parking
- Work from home or from the office, whatever suits you