Creative Digital Design Director
Floryn is one of the fastest growing FinTech companies in The Netherlands and hopefully Europe soon. Our innovative technology is rocking the financial lending industry. We help businesses grow through on-demand credit facilities. We can operate much faster than any bank and provide a much smoother customer experience. In less than 3 years we grew to a team of over 50 people and now is the time to grow even faster. That’s why we need you!
We are seeking a Creative Digital Design Director with extensive web and digital experience. This leader will direct the visual experience across the Floryn.com website and (online/offline) channels. You will be responsible for the creative direction that maximizes engagement, tells the stories of our brand narrative and products, drives conversion, and amplifies our brand. You will hire, mentor, manage, and grow a team of creatives who are world class.
The ideal candidate will have managed creative for a top online website and has a track record for delivering bar-raising digital work. You will drive and manage how the Floryn brand comes to life in digital experiences and offline communication. This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee creative digital direction and strategy for the Floryn.com brand and website(s) as well as design experiences across other touch points (Ads, Content, CRM)
- Direct and elevate the brand visual system for Floryn.com, including page templates, modules, typography, color, and design patterns.
- Rolling up your sleeves to get things done and make things happen.
- Lead brainstorming and creative sessions to generate ideas that drive both compelling digital and offline experiences that will delight our customers.
- Partner with stakeholders on creative that elevates product launches, digital events, content updates, big redesigns, and creative asset production.
- Leverage outside digital creative agencies and ensure Floryn.com is accurately and effectively represented as a brand.
- Work closely with the Growth Marketing and Product/Tech team to ensure there is always a harmonious integration of the brand into the digital experiences, creating a seamless connection for customers across all touch points.
- Use a metrics and design frameworks to analyze, create, and evangelize design strategy to internal partners in various organizations and levels.
- Stay on top of the latest trends in web design and technology, frameworks and responsive design and propose new ways to elevate our digital experience.
What we are looking for
- 7-10 year experience in Senior digital design roles preferably in a fast growth tech start/scale-up.
- Fluent in English and (preferably) Dutch language.
- Excellent portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality digital design within a variety of companies and (marketing) campaigns.
- You have passion for digital design and like to “make your hands dirty” in addition to the strategic elements of the role. Great design skills across offline and digital campaigns and assets.
- A strong understanding of how design and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product.
- Besides creative talent the ideal candidate also knows how to inspire a creative team (UX, Copy, Frontend, Growth).
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with design- and DAM tools (i.e Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud and DAM Systems like Bynder, Brandfolder etc).
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-moving, results-driven environment
- Incredible eye for detail and obsessively meticulous
- A solid team player who likes to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done. Who likes to design campaigns and assets while working on strategic brand challenges.
What we offer
- Front Row seats at one of the fastest growing scale-ups in NL.
- Great coffee + awesome lunches in the coziest city in the Netherlands.
- MacBook Pro and all the gear/tools you need to get the job done - Also for working from home.
- Lots of team activities, drinks, trips etc.
- A beautiful office in the heart of 's-Hertogenbosch (yes, we will go back to this office one day ;-).
- During the corona lockdowns we offer financial compensation for the extra cost of working from home.
- Commute allowance.
- Competitive salary, 25 vacation days and 8% vacation allowance.
- Anything else you’d like or need? Ask!